background

Thursday, March 4, 2010

{Owl Sew 4 U}

This is it!!! Owl Sew 4 U is my new buisness name! I am really excited about this. I came up with it while lying in bed wide awake last night. Thanks to everyone that gave suggestions!
I really like owls right now as some of you know because I have made you stuffed owls.
But more importantly owls hold a sentimental value to me.
My grandma, Florence Beck collected owls. She also taught me how to crochet. When I was in 6th grade I learned to crochet while sitting at the foot of her rocker recliner in the living room of her home that my family had moved into with her after my grandpa passed away.
I would crochet baby blankets and give them to the pregnant women in our church.
Sew, in honor of the woman that first introduced handmade treasures to me... I introduce...
Owl Sew 4 U...
You can visit the blog here: http://owlsew4u.blogspot.com/ (under construction at the moment)I will be selling my stuff on Etsy.com(more to come about that) and you can also email me or leave a comment if you want to place an order. I will be selling all sorts of stuff from burpclothes to activity bags to pillow covers!

What do you think?

2 comments:

Beck said...

BRILLIANT and BEAUTIFUL! I love this :) very sentimental and perfect to honor Grandma Beck in this way...you are amazing!

Barbie Plankenhorn said...

Thanks Becky!!! I love it too. And I think she would feel special if she were still here.

{about me}

My photo
Bloomington, Illinois, United States
Wife.Mommy.Photographer. Sewer. This is the place to see sneaky peeks of recent sessions from studioBarbie.

Followers

{blog archive}

i♥faces winner!

i♥faces winner!

I ♥ faces Angie & Amy's favorite pick

I ♥ faces Angie & Amy's favorite pick

{blogs i visit often}